WHO WE ARE
C3 Church Ryde is one of many churches in the C3 movement in Sydney and our vision is to reach and build people for Jesus. We are a church that is modern in practice and traditional in belief. We believe what is summarised in the Nicene and Apostle’s creeds and what mainstream Christian churches accept as foundational to Christian faith.
C3 Church is an international movement of local churches characterised by bright, enthusiastic, culturally relevant services with a message of faith, hope and love. We are planting and building churches where it is easy for people to connect with Jesus and one another. We have people from many church backgrounds, Protestant and Catholic, and also many nationalities. We have mum’s and dad’s, business people, sports people, artists, musicians, doctors, students, and trades people – young, old, single and married, homemakers and company directors. We are a wonderful tapestry of humanity making up a fabulous community that will enlarge and enrich your life – a wonderful mix of people.
We understand the stages of life people experience and adapt to those stages having ministries for kids, youth, young adults, men, women, singles, married couples, small groups, large events, training, C3 Bible College, missions here and overseas and community engagement through our Reach Community Initiatives (RCI). At the heart of the church we have over 50 Connect Groups where people meet to pray, learn and form great relationships.
Statement of Faith
- There is one God: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit;
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ the Son of God; we believe in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His constant intercession and in His imminent return;
- In the person and work of the Holy spirit with His fruit and gift available in the Church;
- The Bible is the living word of God – infallible, authoritative and everlasting, and the foundation of all Christian doctrine;
- In the existence of an evil spiritual being-the devil;
- In the spiritually lost condition of all people and the essential need for the “new birth” by faith in Jesus Christ;
- In the baptism of the Holy Spirit as a gift available to believers, with the normal evidence of speaking in other tongues;
- In the sacraments of the Lord’s Supper and baptism by full immersion in water for all believers;
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting separation from God;
- In the church being the body of Christ, and each member being an active part of a local church, fulfilling the Great Commission.
- Marriage was instituted by God, ratified by Jesus, and is exclusively between a man and a woman. It is a picture of Christ and his church.
- Sex is a gift from God for procreation and unity, and it is only appropriate within and designed for marriage.